WaveSabre is a software synthesizer and toolchain for music for 64K intros.
See our docs for more info.
Please see our docs for prerequisites, building, etc (and let us know what we're missing!).
As WaveSabre is hot and fresh right out of the oven, we've got some kinks to work out; particularly with documentation, support for more Visual Studio versions, and supporting various VST SDK versions. We'd appreciate any help we can get on any of these fronts, so please talk to us on Slack so we can guide you in the right direction and help you help us!
Contributions are very welcome, however as the public release is still in its infancy, we'd greatly appreciate it if we could discuss contributions on Slack, rather than just opening up for pull requests for the time being, in order to avoid duplicate work. This will change in the future when things mature/settle down a bit. :)
WaveSabre has been used in several intros, demos, and executable music productions, including (but not limited to):
- dope on wax by logicoma, 2019
- trashpanda by logicoma, 2018
- bros before foes by logicoma and poo-brain, 2018
- iota by logicoma, 2018
- soundproof motion by logicoma and fairlight, 2017
- engage by logicoma, 2017
- elysian by logicoma, 2016
- backscatter by logicoma, 2015
You can find a more exhaustive production list here.
- revival (knob graphics, premake integration, helping with open-source prep, ...)
- kusma (sin/cos optimization, cmake integration, appveyor config, ...)
- cpdt (FL Studio project parser)
- Wertstahl (logo)
And several others! (Please let us know if we forgot someone!)
- Massive Sound, Tiny Data - WaveSabre 64k Synth by ferris/h0ffman, demobit 2019
- Ferris Makes Demos Ep.001 - WaveSabre by ferris, 2017 stream
- WaveSabre - A Case Study in 64k Synthesis by ferris, the gathering 2013